Semester: 2, Code: ENC-152, Credit Hours: 3
- Text book: The Pearl (contd.), Chapter IV-VI
- Vocabulary building exercises
- Character sketches
- Explanation of lines with reference to context
- Descriptive questions and answers (requiring narration skills like incidents or happening in the novels etc.
- Diction: choice of words by the author.
- Active / Passive Voice
- Types of sentences with sentence construction (subject / predicate): parts of sentences
- Simple/compound/complex sentences
- Simple/Interrogative/Explanative/Affirmative and Negative sentences.
- Writing skills
- Essay Writing: choice of a topic / brains storming / Organizing and the writing process
- Creative writing exercises
- How to evoke interest of the reader
- Types of essays (Narrative, Descriptive, Historical etc.)
- The Pearl Bt John Steinbeck
- Highschool English Grammar and Composition By Wren & Martin
© 2013. Shaykh Zayed Islamic Center - University of Peshawar. Last Modified: March/05/2016